Communication for Development and Social Change
Without cookies your experience may not be seamless. McAnany Book Published by: University of Illinois Press Series: McAnany builds a new, historically cognizant paradigm of communication for development and social change for the future that supplements technology with social entrepreneurship.
Summarizing the history of the field of communication for development from Truman's Marshall Plan for the Third World to the United Nations' Millennium Development Goals, McAnany argues that the communication field can renew its role in development by recognizing large aid-giving institutions have a difficult time promoting genuine transformation. He ultimately suggests an agenda for improving and strengthening the work of academics, policy makers, development funders, and others. Title Page, Copyright, Dedication pp.
There was a problem providing the content you requested
Communication in the Lives of the Globe pp. Beginnings of Communication for Development pp. Globalization, Discourse, and Development Communication: It closes critical gaps and articulates previous traditions. The editors have brought together a truly impressive collection of original texts and have opened new directions for the field.? Helena Sousa, University of Minho?
- SearchWorks Catalog.
- I Live for This: Baseballs Last True Believer?
- Communication for Development and Social Change.
- Building a Successful Construction Company: Create a Strategy / Organize Your Business / Protect Your Bottom Line!
- Political Psychology: Situations, Individuals, and Cases!
A weakness of literature on development communication is its division into streams with separate, partly artificial niches. This book brings the approaches together. It not only gives an overview of the field but it creates an integrated conceptual framework toward understanding communication, media, development, participation and social change.?
- We are the Cat & Leonid Skies.
- Malignant Mesothelioma: Pathogenesis, Diagnosis, and Translational Therapies.
- Tales of the Little Lagoon (Kiwas Story Book 1).
- La lutte initiale: Quitter lempire du nihilisme (Médiations) (French Edition).
- Freely available?
- Thoughts of Being?
Ullamaija Kivikuru, Helsinki University? Professor Wilkins, Tufte and Obregon? It will be an invaluable resource for development communication specialists and scholars, and for anyone committed to advancing the rights and opportunities of historically neglected or oppressed communities.?